LINC provides valuable technical assistance services for businesses and non-profit organizations in understanding and complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Assistance is available in the following areas:
- Accessibility Studies
- Disability Sensitivity Training
- Disability Etiquette
- Translate printed material into Braille and other alternative formats
- Support Services
- Information & Resource Referral
- TTY Training
- Sign Language Classes/Beginning & Advanced
- Understanding the Deaf Culture
The ADA requires businesses and organization that offer a service to the public to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. LINC helps define what a reasonable accommodation is and how to meet this need.
Tax breaks and incentives are available to an employer who hires employees who have a disability.